“The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness ”
It’s Sunday so it must be visit the Lake District day! If you go to the Lakes, be prepared for every weather. All photographs are taken by SJ Butler Photography.
The climate, together with the geology of the area has made the Lake District what it is today.
In the last 2 million years a series of ice ages have left the area buried under glaciers.
These rivers of ice carved deep lakes & u shaped valleys between the hills.
Ten highest mountains
- Scafell Pike at 978 metres (3210 feet)
- Scafell at 964 metres (3162 feet)
- Helvellyn at 950 metres (3114 feet)
- Skiddaw at 931 metres(3053 feet)
- Great End at 910 metres (2986 feet)
- Bowfell at 902 metres (2940 feet)
- Great Gable at 899 metres (2960 feet)
- Pillar at 892 metres (2926 feet)
- Nethermost Pike at 891 metres (2923 feet)
- Catstycam (2917 feet)
Sixteen largest lakes
- Windermere – 14.8 square kilometres
- Ullswater – 8.9 square kilometres
- Derwentwater – 5.5 square kilometres
- Bassenthwaite Lake – 5.3 square kilometres
- Coniston Water – 4.0 square kilometres
- Haweswater – 3.9 square kilometres
- Thirlmere – 3.3 square kilometres
- Ennerdale Water – 3 square kilometres
- Wastwater – 2.9 square kilometres
- Crummock Water – 2.5 square kilometres
- Esthwaite Water – 1 square kilometre
- Buttermere – 0.9 square kilometres
- Grasmere – 0.6 square kilometres
- Loweswater – 0.6 square kilometres
- Rydal Water – 0.3 square kilometres
- Brotherswater – 0.2 square kilometre
2021 2022 Alternative Photography april archive Autumn birds blossom blue botanical busy butterfly cards cats Christmas cumbria cyanotypes february Flowers gardening Gardens lakes Landscapes leaves macro march may memories months national trust nature Photography quote quotes SJ Butler Spring summer sunrise sunset time travels trees video winter Yorkshire
3 thoughts on “Lake District Memories V”
More wonderful photos 🙂 I love the drama of the lone tree in the shot between the mountains list and lakes list, the light is just perfect!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, I love trees 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Fantastic work!